AACN Chapter Key Initiatives
The mission of AACN is grounded in excellence and the ability for nurses to fulfill their promise to patients and families. As a nurse, you know that your promise to patients is centered on providing them safe, quality care.
AACN is committed to helping you do this by improving the health of your work environment, providing the standards for and recognizing excellence in acute and critical care nursing and certifying nurses to ensure their practice is consistent with established standards of excellence.
Chapters play a key role in this work by promoting and advancing certification, the Beacon Award and the Healthy Work Environment Standards through educating and celebrating the achievements of nurses within their communities. Visit the Chapter Resource Library for ideas and examples.
Benefits of Membership
- To network with other local critical care nurses.
- You join a national group of specialized, highly skilled nurses (just like you)!
- To visit other area facilities during bi-monthly meetings.
- To receive continuing education locally and free on-line through AACN.
- To access the most up-to-date nursing literature (CINAHL).
- To receive nursing journals, such as Critical Care Nurse and the American Journal of Critical Care.
- To get AACN membership rates at national events, such as the National Teaching Institute (NTI).
- To get AACN rates when sitting for certification exams, such as the CCRN and PCCN.
- You must be a National Member of AACN to become a member of the Dayton Regional Chapter AACN.
- National AACN dues are $78 per calendar year. (Please visit National AACN website for more information, here.)
- Local Chapter dues are $25 for professionals per calendar year. Professionals may also purchase a two year membership for $40.00.
- *Processing fees range between $0.50 and $1.50 for online payments.